Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– New research reveals that, while exiled in France, a group of 18th-century Yorkshire monks created original recipes for brandy and rum punch.
– Despite its strong ties to Chicago, Goose Island will open pubs and brewhouses in Philadelphia and six countries.
– In The New York Times, Erin McCann declares that red wine hot chocolate is not as bad as it sounds.
– San Francisco’s Anchor Distilling is producing a documentary on pisco to be released in 2017.
– Roads & Kingdoms reports on Valle de Guadalupe, one of Mexico’s largest wine producing regions, which is rapidly running out of water.
– Finally, a negative comment on Evil Twin’s recently released Copy Paste IPA has spawned a viral meme, spurred on by Evil Twin founder, Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø.
[Photo: Flickr/Branden Williams]