Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A crowd-funded, community-oriented distillery, Republic Restoratives, hopes to energize Washington, D.C.’s craft spirit industry.
– Russian drinking traditions inform the social atmosphere at Bonnie Morales’s Kachka, in Portland, OR.
– The Los Angeles Times pegs grisette as the next historical beer style to make a comeback.
– A Colorado-based company, Cultivating Spirits, is introducing cannabis pairings to the dinner table.
– Finally, the Washingtonian reports on the experience of ordering wine by the spoon at Donald Trump’s new Washington, D.C., hotel.
[Photo: Flickr/Jeff Drongowski]