Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A soon-to-be-auctioned collection of 150-year-old wine discovered beneath a Czech castle offers a rare glimpse of 19th century tastes.
– Grammy award-winning comedian Lewis Black of The Daily Show doubles as an amateur wine connoisseur.
– David Wondrich has canvassed the country in pursuit of the best bars in America and settled on these 18.
– UCLA now offers a class on the craft beer renaissance that includes brewing techniques intended for home use.
– Finally, in The New York Times, Eric Asimov reassesses the versatility of Barberas from Piedmont.
[Photo: Flickr/Lars Plougmann]