Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A growing number of distilleries are producing single malt whiskey outside of Scotland in countries such as Australia, India and Taiwan.
– With blender drinks finally earning the same respect as their stirred and shaken counterparts, The Wall Street Journal considers the reasons for their return.
– In the latest protest against the amount of Spanish wine entering France, activists cracked open the vats of a local merchant and flooded the streets of a Languedoc port town with wine.
– With the recent closing of the iconic Four Seasons bar, GQ gives a recipe for the institution’s famous gin Martini.
– Non-alcoholic wine for dogs now exists in varieties such as CharDOGnay and ZinFanTAIL.
– Finally, Grubstreet takes a tour of the world’s first commercial rooftop winery located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
[Photo: Flickr/Ken Hawkins]