Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– After 62 years the last Trader Vic’s in LA has closed.
– Millennials are driving the surge in whiskey consumption in the U.S.
– Heineken is finally being fined after killing thousands of fish by contaminating water near their cider factory in Hereford, England.
– The growing demographic of working Japanese women is driving wine sales in the country.
– Finally, ultrasound may allow liquor to age two years in only three days.
[Photo: Flickr/Bernard Spragg. NZ]