Howdy. We’re looking for a Social Media Editor to join our small editorial team.
If you’re interested in being a part of a collaborative, creative team and a fast-growing publication, you’re exhilarated by thoughtful narrative journalism on drinks and drinking culture—from leading think pieces on the biggest issues in wine to v important innovations in drinking games—and you live and breathe social media strategy, we want to hear from you.
More details below. To apply, send your resume and a brief note to Managing Editor Bianca Prum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Media Editor/Manager will be responsible for audience development and brand presence across all PUNCH social media platforms, and will be embedded within the Editorial team. Our ideal candidate is interested in fully owning PUNCH’S social media strategy and advising on editorial from a social perspective, in addition to running our social accounts in the day-to-day. This individual must bring with them a deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, the ability to read and act on analytics, expertise in social media ad buying and a strong interest in the Drink space.
- Maintain social accounts daily, primarily on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Manage overall social strategy across platforms
- Read and analyze analytics (Google, social, Omniture, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advise on editorial strategies
- Coordinate social ads buying (primarily on Facebook)
- Coordinate the creation of platform-specific content, including video and live broadcasts
- Translate editorial content to optimize for each social platform
- Advise on headlines to maximize engagement
- Build sweepstakes using Snap App or similar application and help run sweeps for social
- Keep a finger on the pulse of activity across social platforms, alerting the rest of the staff to potential opportunities for coverage
- Pitch stories
- Expertise in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other major social media platforms
- Deep knowledge of social analytics tools, including but not limited to Facebook Insights, Pinterest Analytics, Twitter analytics, etc.—and the ability to distill and act on data gathered
- Top-notch social-specific writing abilities, especially when it comes to Twitter posts and shareable story headlines
- Ability to capture the PUNCH voice and aesthetic
- Deep knowledge of and passion for the Drink space; experience working within the Food & Drink space a plus
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, as are visual media editing skills
- 2-3 years experience as social media editor/community manager at editorial brand, or equivalent role
PUNCH is an award-winning online magazine about cocktails, spirits, wine and beer published in partnership with Ten Speed Press.