All the News That’s Fit to Drink: your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere.
– You can now justify last night’s drunk pizza binge with science: it turns out that alcohol makes your brain more sensitive to food aromas.
– “Two-Buck Chuck” has become nationally famous—infamous?— but how exactly Trader Joe’s makes it so cheap has been a mystery… until now.
– Scientists in Spain have developed a method to make non-alcoholic beer taste better.
– Tequila, too-often relegated to late-night shots and sickly-sweet margaritas, gets a starring role in a new book aiming to de-bunk all the myths associated with the misunderstood spirit.
– Danish music festival organizers have instituted a new recycling program: the “From Piss to Pilsner” operation will use leftover sewage to fertilize barley crops used to brew beer.
[Photo: Flickr/Mack Male]