“Be sure to shake this cocktail extra long and extra hard,” Scott Baird advises. “It needs the dilution. It makes the drink shine.” In fact, don’t worry about over-shaking it, he adds: “You can beat it up and it still tastes great.”
Absinthe Frappé New Orleans
Scott Baird, Couvant | New Orleans
- 1 ounce absinthe, preferably Vieux Pontarlier
- 1/2 ounce crème de menthe
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce sweetened condensed milk syrup (1:1 water to condensed milk, stirred together)
Garnish: mint floret, powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a frappe glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint floret and powdered sugar.