Middleman bartender Adrienne Thomas was inspired by Yzaguirre Rojo vermouth and the Spanish bodegas, “which, historically, used to be where you stopped in for a short glass of vermouth.” This spritz plays with fruit flavors—from the plum notes in the vermouth to the cherry from the aperitivo—balanced with darker raisin notes and bright lemon.
Adrienne Thomas | Denver
- 1 1/2 ounce red vermouth, preferably Yzaguirre Rojo
- 1/2 ounce Cerasum Aperitivo
- 3/4 ounce Braulio Amaro
- 3 dashes Peychaud's
- soda water, to top
Garnish: lemon wedge (1/4 fresh lemon)
- Combine first four ingredients in a Collins glass.
- Add ice, top with soda water, and stir lightly to mix.
- Express the lemon over the drink, then garnish rim with the lemon wedge.