Middleman bartender Adrienne Thomas was inspired by Yzaguirre Rojo vermouth and the Spanish bodegas, “which, historically, used to be where you stopped in for a short glass of vermouth.” This spritz plays with fruit flavors—from the plum notes in the vermouth to the cherry from the aperitivo—balanced with darker raisin notes and bright lemon.
- 1 1/2 ounce red vermouth, preferably Yzaguirre Rojo
- 1/2 ounce Cerasum Aperitivo
- 3/4 ounce Braulio Amaro
- 3 dashes Peychaud's
- soda water, to top
Garnish: lemon wedge (1/4 fresh lemon)
- Combine first four ingredients in a Collins glass.
- Add ice, top with soda water, and stir lightly to mix.
- Express the lemon over the drink, then garnish rim with the lemon wedge.