Reprinted with permission from Speakeasy by Jason Kosmas and Dushan Zaric. Copyright (c) 2010 by Jason Kosmas and Dushan Zaric. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.
Yield: 1 quart
- 2 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1/2 cup brandy (preferably something dark and rich)
- Pour pomegranate juice and simple syrup into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Decrease the heat to low and reduce the mixture until it becomes syrupy enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and add the brandy.
- Bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.