The Frozen Angelo Azzurro joins a growing cast of aperitivo cocktails that have hit the deep freeze, including the Garibaldi, Negroni, and, naturally, the Aperol Spritz.
Frozen Angelo Azzurro
Kate Amos, Marta | New York
Yield: 3 10-ounce cocktails
- 2 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Dorothy Parker
- 3/4 ounce blue Curaçao, preferably Giffard
- 1 ounce Luxardo Bitter Bianco
- 5 1/4 ounces citrus cordial (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 gallon bag of crushed ice
Garnish: orange half moons
- Pour all liquids in a Vitamix and top with the bag of crushed ice.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a Collins glass.
- Garnish with orange half moon.
- Serve with straw.
Yields 1 quart
16 ounces white sugar
16 ounces hot water
2 ounces lime juice
2 ounces lime zest
2 ounces lemon juice
2 ounces lemon zest
2 ounces citric acid
Blend altogether and steep for 48 hours. Strain and bottle.