The sweet and floral profile of the Du Nord Foundational Vodka immediately inspired Natasha Bermudez to consider using it as the base of an updated lychee Martini. “The blanc vermouth, with the light hits of vanilla and stone fruit, complements the taste and mouthfeel,” she says. “Finishing with the black lemon bitters brightens up the finish of this cocktail and also adds a little earthiness that contracts it.” When it comes to coupes, Bermudez’s motto is, the fancier the better; just don’t forget to properly chill it before pouring the drink.
- 2 ounces Du Nord Foundational Vodka
- 1 ounce Sakura blanc vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon Giffard Lichi-Li liqueur
- 2 dashes Scrappy’s Black Lemon bitters
Garnish: whole lychee, peeled
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass over ice.
- Stir until chilled (about 20 seconds) and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lychee.