Currently on the menu at Bar Caló, this Paloma riff “goes in a more floral direction,” says Josh Goldman, thanks to a house blend of two rose liqueurs mixed with grapefruit and a spiced elixir. The finishing touch is a spritz of rose water, which Goldman keeps in an atomizer to spray over the top of the drink.
- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce blended rose liqueur (see Editor’s Note)
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce Squirt
Garnish: Himalayan pink salt half rim and rosewater spray
- Place Himalayan pink salt in a shallow dish. Moisten half the rim of the Collins glass, then roll moistened rim in salt to coat.
- Combine all ingredients, except Squirt, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Pour Squirt into tin, then strain into prepared glass over fresh ice.
- Spritz rose water over the drink.
Blended Rose Liqueur:
4 parts Combier rose liqueur
2 parts Combier pamplemousse liqueur
1 part Koval rose hip liqueur
½ part Élicser Combier
Combine all ingredients well and store until needed.