In the pursuit of the perfect Mai Tai, The NoMad Bar team developed their own housemade orgeat.
- 6 cups sliced almonds
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 20 drops orange blossom water
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Spread the almonds on a sheet pan and toast until lightly golden, about 20 minutes, and allow them to cool.
- Crush the almonds using a food processor or a rolling pin.
- Transfer the almonds to a large container, add the water and allow to sit for 8 hours.
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth into a bowl, squeezing the cheesecloth in order to extract all the liquid.
- Add the sugar and orange blossom water and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Store the orgeat in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.