Botanica Restaurant in Los Angeles features yuzu on the menu in several drinks, from this simple shaken rye cocktail to a spritz and a Mimosa. The Yuzu Cocktail is made with Yuzuco’s Super Juice, a shelf-stable product that’s accessible for stateside bartenders while still packing the tangy punch of fresh citrus.
- 2 ounces rye, preferably Old Overholt
- 1 ounce Yuzu Super Juice
- 3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur, preferably Luxardo
Garnish: brandied cherry, fresh mint sprig
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a cherry and mint.