Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Novak Djokovic, the world’s leading tennis star, has purchased five hectares of land in his native Serbia to convert into vineyards.
– The pint glass is under threat as many craft beers require smaller pours and alternate glassware.
– When frequenting Maria Davis’ Mad Wednesdays in the mid-1990s, Jay Z was known to buy the club’s entire supply of Cristal in one night.
– On the 150th anniversary of its founding, Jack Daniel’s has begun to embrace the role of Nearis Green, a slave who helped teach the distiller how to make whiskey.
– Rosie Schaap writes in praise of effervescent cocktails in the New York Times.
– As wine co-ops face challenges from declining membership and funding, Jancis Robinson highlights a few standouts that have adapted their practices.
– Finally, Food & Wine investigates the short term implications of Brexit on wine buying and importing.
[Photo: Flickr/Stephen Harlan]