Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere:
– The Australian government is considering restricting the sales of Aussie favorite, Vegemite, to combat illicit home-brewing.
– A new interactive map shows what Londoners like drinking and where they like drinking it.
– If you have $3 million to spare, why not buy a piece of prohibition history? New York’s Whiskey Island is for sale.
– UK gin exports have risen 37% since 2010—making it the biggest exporter of gin in the world.
– A rare bottle of wine from France’s Burgundy vineyards costs an average of $15,000 per bottle, putting it top of the list of the world’s most expensive wines.
[Photo: Flickr/Petra Bensted]