Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A Scottish brewery is creating a limited edition beer using moisture harvested from clouds.
– The first sake brewery in the U.K. has been approved and will start production in October 2017.
– The last 15 years has seen an uptick in the production of rye-based beers, including the 16th-century style known as roggenbier.
– The debate over the merits of hand-harvesting vs. mechanization has been amplified by rising labor costs in many wine-producing countries.
– Finally, Food Republic explores how fermentation adds to flavor in various alcoholic beverages.
[Photo: Flickr/Allagash Brewing]