Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– According to The New York Times, the growing trend of cat wine has proved unpopular with cats.
– California wine is experiencing “premiumization” as it continues to garner higher price tags in foreign markets.
– Airlines are increasingly showcasing craft cocktails from bars like Smuggler’s Cove and BlackTail as part of their menus.
– Philip Greene argues in favor of the Vieux Carré as the definitive New Orleans cocktail.
– Finally, the Independent traces some of the most interesting stories in U.S. distilling history.
[Photo: Flickr/Club Soda Guide]