Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A cookie-flavored riff on the White Russian is drawing crowds at D.C.’s Christmas pop-up, Miracle on Seventh Street.
– While sales of sparkling wine and gin have risen, sherry sales in the U.K. have fallen by half, dropping to 10 million bottles.
– The rector of St. Wulfram’s Church in England hosts beer festivals and other events to reassert the cathedral as a community hub.
– After a tumultuous year, French winemakers are still angered over the importing of cheap Spanish wine.
– Two spaniels that appeared “tiddly” had to be taken to the vet after accidentally consuming alcohol.
– Finally, there is a whiskey glass emoji.