Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In response to a church-sponsored advertisement stating, “craft beer is the devil’s craft,” a local taproom is offering discounted beer to customers who present the newspaper clipping.
– Six Burgundy wineries will pool their grapes to jointly produce a wine from the 2016 vintage, following a poor growing season.
– In an effort to expand its own offerings while growing the craft beer market in Japan, Kirin has bought a stake in Brooklyn Brewery.
– Robert Simonson breaks down the art of making a good cocktail.
– Finally, Roads & Kingdoms explores Pakistan’s complicated relationship with alcohol.
[Photo: Flickr/Benjamin Nussbaum]