You won’t find this non-traditional Daiquiri on the cocktail list at Brooklyn’s Kings County Imperial, but bartender Richard Murphy will occasionally pull it out for VIPs. He uses demerara sugar in the simple syrup for a bigger, bolder flavor that can hold up next to robust ingredients like banana and spiced falernum.
Yield: 4-5 shots
- 2 ounces white rum, preferably Denizen Aged White Rum
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Velvet Falernum
- 1/4 ounce demerara syrup, (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 banana
Garnish: banana slices, freshly grated nutmeg
- Add all ingredients and one cup of ice to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into shot glasses, or a tiki mug for a full-sized drink.
- Garnish each shot with a banana slice and a grating of nutmeg.