A playful, chocolatey twist on bubble tea, this malty cocktail tempers Bols genever and crème de cacao with housemade Earl Grey tea-infused hemp milk, plus a spoonful of boba and a pinch of sea salt. As for the name, Canon’s Jamie Boudreau confirms that it did, indeed, stem from the South Park tune.
Chocolate Salty Bols
Jamie Boudreau, Canon | Seattle
- 1 1/4 ounces genever, preferably Bols
- 1/2 ounce créme de cacao, preferably Tempus Fugit dark
- 1/4 ounce rum, preferably Smith & Cross
- 2 ounces vanilla hemp tea (see Editor's Note)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- spoonful boba pearls
Garnish: pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients except boba to a shaking tin and shake.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice and add boba.
- Add sea salt garnish and serve with wide straw.
Vanilla Hemp Tea:
8 ounces vanilla hemp milk
1 earl grey tea bag
Heat hemp milk until short of boiling. Add tea bag, remove from heat and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes. Let cool before using.