T. Cole Newton became a fan of this popular Mexican soda flavor after his former Dallas-born chef introduced him to it. He loves Jarritos Tamarindo for its adaptability, and its nuanced, balanced flavor. “It’s sweet, tangy, a little earthy…and it effortlessly elevates long, fizzy drinks,” he says. Combined with tequila, amaretto and a hit of spice and savory complexity from the addition of mole bitters, it’s an easy, elevated cocktail suitable for all seasons.
- 1 ounce mezcal, preferably Peletón de la Muerte Espadin
- 1/2 ounce amaretto, preferably Lazzaroni Amaretto
- 1/2 ounce lime
- 3 ounces Jarritos Tamarindo soda
- 1 dash chocolate bitters, preferably Bittermens Xocolatl Mole Bitters
Garnish: lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients in a Collins glass over ice.
- Stir to integrate.
- Garnish with lime wedge.