“I wouldn’t describe myself as a Midori fanatic,” says Chall Gray, co-owner of Asheville, North Carolina’s Little Jumbo. However, in this Last Word riff, the melon liqueur nicely accentuates the herbal notes of gin and génépy, and plays well with tart lemon juice, he notes.
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably The Botanist
- 3/4 ounce Midori
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce génépy
- 1 dash Bar Keep Chinese Bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.