Japan’s obsession with ichigo miruku, or strawberry milk, was the genesis for this highball, which combines Calpico with strawberry puree, cucumber juice and lemon. Plymouth or other soft gins allow the produce to shine, while the creamy texture of Calpico lends a dessert-like quality.
- 1 teaspoon strawberry puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cucumber juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Calpico
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup (1:1 evaporated cane sugar to water)
- 1 ounce plus 5 teaspoons Plymouth Gin
- 3/4 ounce club soda
Garnish: cucumber slice
- Combine all ingredients, except the club soda, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Stir to integrate.
- Garnish with cucumber slice.
Calpico Soda can be used in lieu of Calpico and soda water.