“I made this one for the Gallery Bars aboard Holland America Line,” recalls Dale DeGroff. An otherwise straightforward Gimlet is heightened by a trio of sweeteners in DeGroff’s so-called “triple syrup.”
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Beefeater
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce triple syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 2 dashes Dale DeGroff’s Pimento Aromatic Bitters
Garnish: thin lime wheel
- Shake all the ingredients with ice.
- Fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
1 part simple syrup
½ part agave syrup
¼ part honey syrup
Mix together. Keeps, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
Dissolve equal parts agave nectar and water, by volume.
Combine 1 part honey with 1 part warm water and stir until all the honey is dissolved.
Dissolve equal parts granulated sugar and water, by volume. This can be done by simply shaking the mixture until the sugar is dissolved or by warming the sugar and water in a saucepan without boiling.