Built on a rum base in lieu of vodka, with an unexpected banana twist and salted coconut foam, Room for Improvement’s house Espresso Martini gives the decadent drink a tropical edge. And, rather than fresh espresso, Maine’s beloved Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy teams up with cold-brew concentrate to bring the requisite caffeinated kick.
- 3/4 ounce aged rum, preferably Plantation Original Dark
- 3/4 ounce Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy
- 3/4 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 3/4 ounce cold-brew concentrate
Garnish: salted coconut foam (see Editor’s Note)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Top with salted coconut foam.
Salted Coconut Foam
1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut cream, preferably Savoy
50 grams sugar
35 milliliters falernum, preferably John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum
3 grams salt
1 gram Modernist Pantry Foam Magic
In a container or bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until the contents are married and the sugar is dissolved. Add contents to an iSi foam whipper, shake and charge with a N2O canister. Shake again and let sit for approximately 20 minutes before using. Keeps, refrigerated, for 48 hours.