Another standard-bearer in Dante’s aperitiki repertoire, the Zombie Spritz combines the bitter, bubbly, low-ABV spritz template with the Zombie’s famously layered build for a drink that feels firmly rooted to both.
- 1 1/2 ounces Lillet Rosé
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/4 ounce rum, preferably Santa Teresa 1796
- 1 barspoon absinthe
- 1 barspoon banana liqueur, preferably Giffard
- 1 barspoon vodka, preferably Grey Goose
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce cinnamon syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash saline (1:4, salt:water)
- 2 ounces cava rosé
Garnish: dehydrated grapefruit slice, fresh mint, cocktail umbrella (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except the Cava rosé, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a goblet or tiki mug over crushed ice.
- Top with cava rosé.
- Garnish with dehydrated grapefruit slice and fresh mint.
250 grams sugar
200 milliliters water
5 cinnamon sticks
Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Allow to cool and remove the cinnamon sticks. Strain into a sealable container. Will keep refrigerated for up to one month.