Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The founder of Napa’s Spottswoode Estate Vineyard and Winery, Mary Weber Novak, has died of cancer at age 84.
– After enduring severe hail and frost, Burgundy growers must now contend with grape thieves.
– Anheuser-Busch Inbev will officially acquire SABMiller in October, assuming ownership of one third of the global beer market.
– In The Wall Street Journal, four top New York sommeliers recount their experiences working their way up from entry-level positions.
– Mexican beer brand, Tecate, lampoons Trump’s proposed border wall in its latest commercial.
– Finally, despite being banned, wine has been integral to Iranian culture for millennia.