Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Later this month, Eric Alperin of the Varnish and Richard Boccato of Dutch Kills will open a new spot in downtown L.A. called Bar Clacson.
– A number of wineries have sought to distinguish their products through unique bottle design.
– Griffon Brands, the only producer of boxed vodka in the country, hopes the idea will take off.
– Munchies explores pachecada, a cocktail native to Tequila, Jalisco.
– Finally, Roads & Kingdoms follows the rise of sotol.
[Photo: Flickr/Don LaVange]