Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In a Belgian lab, 30,000 strains of yeast are being used for crossbreeding in search of the best type for brewing.
– A group of Saudi Arabian bootleggers stored their illegal product in the house of the state’s highest religious official.
– Philippe Martin is bringing the practice of making absinthe back to Switzerland following a nearly century-long ban.
– Following an investigation into the Craft Brewers Guild, federal regulators will be cracking down on the “pay-to-play” practice in the beer industry.
– Finally, Eric Asimov reflects on the state of natural wine after visiting Brooklyn’s RAW Wine fair.
[Photo: Flickr/Adam Barhan]