Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Eric Asimov and a panel of experts sift through the abundance of rye whiskies on the market in search of the best.
– New York-brewed beer, Two Dragons, will be sold in China starting in 2017.
– Cabernet sauvignon and merlot are the world’s two most planted grape varieties, having risen dramatically in the past decade.
– A Canadian brewery has recreated Quebec’s first Jewish beer recipe dating from 1790.
– Eater surveys the impressive ice program and cocktail list at The Dewberry in Charleston.
– Finally, elsewhere in Eater, Miriam Porter explores into vegan wine.
[Photo: Flickr/Alan Levine]