Alex Day’s Daiquiri rounded out the top three vote-getters in our blind tasting of 20 Daiquiri recipes. His formula relied on a combination of Neisson Blanc Rhum Agricole split with Diplomático White Rum, alongside one ounce of lime juice and three-quarters of an ounce of simple syrup (1:1), for a measured Daiquiri that incorporates just enough grassy agricole funk.
- 1 3/4 ounces Diplomático White Rum
- 1/4 ounce Neisson Blanc Rhum Agricole
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup, (1:1, sugar:water)
- Add all ingredients to a shaking tin, add a large cube of ice (preferably 2.5" x 2.5") and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass.