This Thanksgiving-inspired Cosmopolitan riff calls on a playful syrup made with cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and cranberry bitters, which gives the drink a deep, rosy hue. For added complexity, the orange liqueur—traditionally, Cointreau—is split between dry Curaçao and a sweeter triple sec.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Aylesbury Duck
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- ¼ ounce dry Curaçao, preferably Pierre Ferrand
- 1/4 ounce triple sec, preferably Dekuyper O3 Premium Orange Liqueur or Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce cranberry sauce mix, see Editor's Note
Garnish: lime twist
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients with ice.
- Shake well, and strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime twist.
Cranberry Sauce Mix:
1 can cranberry sauce
3 ounces cranberry juice
1 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
12 dashes cranberry bitters
Combine all ingredients in a jar or other sealable container. Shake well to combine, transfer to a squeeze bottle and store in the refrigerator.