The concept of the cocktail mash-up shows no sign of slowing. In fact, it’s evolved to the point where two discrete genres—tiki and aperitivo—have formed an entirely new mashup entity: aperitiki. It’s into this category that drinks like the White Negroni Piña Colada and the Zombie Spritz reside. Adding to the growing canon of cocktail mashups, the bar team at Dante NYC has introduced both the Cosmojito and the Cosmo Spritz to the spring lineup. Here, the Cosmo and Mojito join forces to create a fruity, vibrant drink.
- 2 ounces orange vodka, preferably Grey Goose L’Orange
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 7-8 leaves fresh mint
- 1/2 ounce cranberry syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- sparkling water, preferably San Pellegrino, to top
Garnish: orange wheels, mint sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a spritz glass over ice.
- Stir to integrate.
- Garnish with orange wheels and mint sprigs.
500 milliliters cranberry juice
500 grams white sugar
Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat on high for approximately 10 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and completely assimilated.