With a roster of drinks inspired by personal experiences at Havana’s Floridita, Manolito pays homage to Cuba’s rich cocktail history as interpreted by two of the New Orleans’ most prominent bar figures, Chris Hannah and Nick Detrich. Their blended mint Daiquiri, a straightforward mixture of rum, lime, sugar and mint, is equally at home in New Orleans as it is in Havana where Detrich first served it.
- 2 ounces white rum, preferably Bacardi Superior
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 ounce créme de menthe
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 10 ounces crushed ice
Garnish: mint (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except the rum, in a blender.
- Blend on a low setting until the contents begin to circulate.
- Add the rum and blend until the contents move in a smooth and uniform fashion.
- Pour into a large Martini glass, or go-cup.