A classic, straight-head Champagne Cocktail—no muss, no fuss. Death & Co.’s house recipe doesn’t divert an iota from the time-honored formula for the drink. Crisp, bright and, with that long, curly-cue lemon twist, pleasantly citrusy.
- 1 Angostura bitters-soaked demerara sugar cube
- 5 ounces Champagne, preferably Vilmart & Cie Grand Reserve
Garnish: lemon pigtail
- Douse the sugar cube in Angostura bitters and place into a chilled flute.
- Slowly top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon "pigtail" cut with a channel knife.