This drink, which features a “police line-up of ingredients,” says Guillermo Bravo, was created for Brooklyn bar Featherweight’s Tiki Tuesdays. While each ingredient manages to shine through individually, Wray & Nephew’s funk “stands tallest with a cocky smirk.”
Dry Tongue Therapy
Guillermo Bravo, Featherweight | Brooklyn, NY
- 6 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 dashes absinthe
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon syrup
- 1/2 ounce falernum
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce PX sherry, preferably Barbadillo
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Ford's
- 1 ounce Wray & Nephew white overproof rum
Garnish: grapefruit half wheel, mint, charred cinnamon stick
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and whip shake with pebble ice.
- Pour into a super thistle glass or a tulip glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit half wheel, mint and a charred cinnamon stick.