A remix on the Gimlet, New York bartender Naima Williams’ Eden Jade was inspired by an aromatherapy treatment. To capture that bliss in a sip, she started with a base of Star of Bombay gin and built citrusy, floral layers with yuzu juice and Italicus, an aperitivo liqueur with notes of rose and lavender. Eucalyptus bitters tie everything together, and an optional egg white fluffs it all up into breezy aromatic sour.
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Star of Bombay
- 1 ounce Italicus liqueur
- 3/4 ounce yuzu juice
- 3 dashes Hella Bitters Founders Collection Eucalyptus bitters
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 1/2 bar spoon green edible pearl dust
Garnish: eucalyptus sprig, dried rose buds
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and dry shake without ice.
- Add ice and shake again.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a eucalyptus sprig and dried rose buds.