Neal Bodenheimer, owner of Cure and Cane & Table in New Orleans uses Cappelletti Amaro Sfumato as the base in his King’s Cobbler, bringing a bitter smoky note to this twist on a classic. “Sfumato has an incredible drying quality that can clean up even the most unwieldy drinks,” he says. Here, fresh lemon juice and simple syrup accent the amaro’s Alpine berry notes and fresh strawberries play nicely off the rhubarb liqueur.
- 2 ounces Cappelletti Sfumato
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1 cold)
- 1 ripe strawberry (cut in half)
Garnish: mint bouquet and a half strawberry with top intact
- Crush half strawberry.
- Add liquid ingredients and shake very briefly, but hard enough to aerate well.
- Double-strain over cracked ice in a chilled glass or metal cup.
- Garnish with mint bouquet and a half strawberry with top intact.