A vermouth-based cocktail ubiquitous to northern Spain, the Marianito combines sweet vermouth, gin, Campari and bitters, served up or over ice. At La Mula de Moscú, Fernández Marchante serves a fairly classic rendition of the Basque Country staple, which reads like a lighter, summery Negroni.
- 2 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth, preferably Cinzano
- 2/3 ounce Campari
- 2/3 ounce pomelo juice
- 1/2 ounce London dry gin
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: orange twist, green olive
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing tin with ice and throw it for 25 to 30 seconds.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist and a green olive.