When the Caucus Club, a renowned Detroit steakhouse, reopened after being closed for years, the restaurant’s signature midcentury cocktail, the Bullshot, was also resurrected. The drink was originally a combination of vodka, beef broth and savory seasonings, but in its current iteration, Moletto—an Italian tomato gin—replaces vodka. A housemade jus, Bloody Mary mix and candied pancetta round out the drink.
- 2 ounces Moletto gin
- 2 ounces steakhouse jus (or to taste, but heavy on the umami flavors)
- 3/4 ounce Bloody Mary mix, preferably Brewt’s
Garnish: candied round pancetta
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with candied pancetta.