The Gin & Tonic might seem like it’s made for summer, but with its characteristic aromatics and bracing bubbles, aficionados know it actually defies seasons. Here, Victoria makes a case for a winterized take by starting with an organic Minnesota gin and Fever-Tree Indian Tonic, then putting on the proverbial snow tires with a final float of Angostura bitters, whose warming spices of cinnamon and clove marry well with the gin’s juniper and coriander notes. In a final nod to wintertime, the classic lime wedge steps aside for a thick slice of in-season orange. This “playful G&T,” as she calls it, is “a classic Gin & Tonic made festive.”
- 2 ounces Farmer’s Botanical Organic Gin
- Fever-Tree Indian Tonic Water
Garnish: Angostura bitters, orange wedge
- Add the gin to a highball or large wine glass, then fill with ice cubes.
- Top with Fever-Tree Indian Tonic Water.
- Garnish with two dashes Angostura bitters and an orange wedge.