Appearing on the bar’s 2023 Tantrick Dog menu, the Puppy Pose is a showcase for the care and technique the bar has applied to nonalcoholic drinks since its inception. A clarified probiotic yogurt punch of sorts, the drink’s combination of ingredients garnered so much interest that folks would routinely ask if they could “get that with alcohol.” (Politely, they could not.)
- 400 milliliters lemon juice
- 300 milliliters wheatgrass syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 400 milliliters Seedlip Garden
- 200 milliliters Wilderton Lustre
- 400 milliliters vanilla probiotic yogurt
Garnish: grapefruit peel (discarded)
- Mix together the first four ingredients. Pour the batch into the yogurt and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into a coffee filter placed inside a chinois.
- Once the batch has settled and begun straining one drip at a time, switch out the receiving container.
- Allow to fully strain. Let the resulting cocktail rest overnight before use.
- To serve: Stir and strain over a large cube in a double Old-Fashioned glass. Express a grapefruit peel and discard.
1 liter water
40 grams wheatgrass
evaporated cane sugar
Blend wheatgrass and water for 30 seconds. Strain out the wheatgrass and weigh the liquid.
Combine an equal amount of sugar, by weight, and stir until fully incorporated.