Melon-flavored Midori meets its match with herbal green Chartreuse. Together, they make a neon-bright drink that calls on a bevy of quintessentially Japanese flavors by way of Suntory Toki whisky, wasabi tincture and a matcha garnish.
- 1 1/2 ounce Midori
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce green Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce Japanese whiskey, preferably Suntory Toki
- 1/4 ounce ginger syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 3 drops wasabi tincture (see Editor's Note)
- egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin without ice.
- Dry shake, then add ice, shake again.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with matcha.
Juice a whole ginger root using a juicer. Combine 1 1/2 parts superfine sugar with 1 part ginger juice. Stir until fully dissolved.
8 ounces Everclear
2 grams wasabi paste
Combine Everclear and wasabi paste. Allow mixture to sit for at least 3 hours, then strain through a cheese cloth.