One of three featured drinks on Room for Improvement’s dedicated Daiquiri menu, this spin on the modern classic subs in génépy for the expected Chartreuse. The small but considered change is typical of the bar’s approach, which sticks to the classics, often incorporating subtle tweaks, like using “cranpari” cordial in their house Cosmo.
- 1 1/4 ounce unaged overproof Jamaican rum, preferably Wray & Nephew
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce génépy, preferably Dolin Génépy le Chamois
- 1/2 ounce falernum, preferably John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: lime wheel
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, then shake vigorously until chilled.
- Double-strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.