At Nightmoves, this Cosmo variation is kegged, carbonated and served on draft. While this home-friendly, single-serve version uses lime juice, at Nightmoves the drink gets its tartness from Lolo’s Mix, a clarified, acidified ingredient made with malic acid, citric acid, water and sugar, which won’t clog the draft lines or create excess waste. “It’s the same pH and acidity as lemon or lime juice,” McCray explains. “My nickname is Lolo, so I named it for myself.”
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce Clear Creek cranberry liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Martinique canne syrup
Garnish: Garnish: orange oil (from an atomizer)
- In a mixing glass, combine all of the ingredients and stir to integrate them.
- Carbonate using a soda maker or at-home carbonation system.
- Pour into a rocks glass over ice, then stir briefly to chill.
- Mist orange oil over the top of the drink.