The Trick Dog Aperitif may not have had the breakout success of some of the drinks on the bar’s themed menus, but it’s become an industry favorite. A loose, low-proof riff on the Negroni, the Trick Dog Aperitif has been on every menu. It shows how the team creates drinks that are restrained showcases for balance as well as those that are wildly conceptual.
- 1 ounce amontillado sherry
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica
- 1 ounce Gran Classico
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir, then strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.