At Brooklyn’s Bar Vinazo, the Basque Bamboo is a cross between the sherry classic and a spritz. The cocktail gets its name from two ingredients, a Basque blanco vermouth and a Basque cider, which put an acidic, briny, bubbly spin on the template. This Bamboo can easily be batched for a crowd; simply combine all ingredients, minus the cider, and top à la minute.
- 2 ounces blanco vermouth, preferably Tximista Vermouth Blanco
- 1 ounce fino-style sherry, preferably Gómez Nevado Pálido Sierra Morena Seco
- 1 ounce Basque cider, preferably Isastegi or Órdago Iberiko
- 2 dashes Regans’ orange bitters
Garnish: orange wheel
- Add all of the ingredients to a cider glass filled with ice. Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with an orange wheel.